In the above audio recording, I explain how this project came about and what it entails. But here’s the gist of it in writing:
On Wednesday, January 31st, 2013, I had my third job interview since leaving my most recent full-time job. While it didn’t go terribly, it didn’t go very well either, and I was upset over some of the things the interviewer said. Nothing he said was untrue, so I am not offended. So why was I upset? I was upset because he’d hurt my pride, but now that I’ve had time to reflect on everything, I’m glad I had the interview, because I learned something important from it. So I decided to write about it.
I started this project for three reasons:
1. I simply didn’t want to talk to anyone;
2. I wanted to focus entirely on writing and remove distractions;
3. I wanted to practice thinking before talking or acting.
1. I will not talk to anyone in speech or in writing.
2. I will not see anyone.
3. I will not leave the house.
4. I will not answer calls or messages or the door.
5. I will not “like” anything on any social networks.
I had some concerns, of course, which are covered in the recording.
This is it for the introduction, and I will make more posts to update my progress and detail my activities and thoughts.